Paper Recycling London
“With a little effort waste paper is one of the easiest materials to recycle.”
Paper is a biodegradable material.
If it is just sent to landfill it will rot and bacteria will form and produce methane.
Methane is a greenhouse gas that is 23 times more potent than carbon dioxide and will contribute to climate change.
At The All Clear Company we currently recycle 98% of the paper we collect across London.
By simply recycling your paper we can:
- Lower the consumption of energy
- Reduce the depletion of rain forests
- Stop paper waste going to landfill
- Reduce emission of gasses like methane into the atmosphere
How paper is recycled?
Once The All Clear Company have collected your waste paper we then sort and grade it ready to be baled.
Now your paper is baled we deliver it to a paper mill in London ready for recycling.
At the mill it is added to water and turned into pulp.
Your paper is then screened, cleaned and de-inked through until it is suitable for paper making.
Now it is ready to be made into new paper products such as newspapers, cardboard, packaging and toilet tissue etc.
Did you know?
- It takes less than a week for a newspaper to go through the recycling process and be recycled it into a new newspaper.
- Recycled newspaper is used to make the majority of Britain’s daily newspapers.
- Recycled paper produces 73% less air pollution than if it was made from raw materials.
- 12.5million tonnes of paper and cardboard are used in the UK annually.
- The average person in the UK uses 40kg of newspapers per year.
- It takes 25 trees to make just 1 ton of newspaper.
So if you have a large amount of paper you need to dispose of then please get in touch today