As the weather really takes a turn, it can be easy to want to stay huddled up inside enjoying your garden from the comfort of your sofa.
But before you go and grab that cuppa, Autumn is the perfect time to clear your garden and prepare it for the springtime.
I know I know, who wants to be thinking about next year already but if you really want a beautiful garden to enjoy next year, then now’s the time to get cracking!
Top tips for getting your garden Autumn ready
- Don’t be afraid of cutting your grass. If the weather still allows it then give your lawn a trim, you don’t want to cut it as short as in the summer but a last cut before winter sets in is always a good idea.
- Plant any spring bulbs now.
- Keep your lawn free of leaves to help protect it.
- Rake up and destroy and decaying leaves though, using them for compost could create problems for you next year.
- Ensure fences are sturdy and can withstand any strong winds.
- Protect any external water pipes from frost.
- Prune tress and shrubs.
- Clear away tools, garden furniture or anything else that won’t withstand the weather changes.
As well as general maintenance jobs, it’s a good idea to have a really good clear out before you pack everything away. Dispose of any old tools that you no longer need, that paddling pool that got ripped accidentally as well as grass, cuttings from pruning back shrubs and trees and any leaves or plants that are unsuitable to be used for compost.
Garden Clearance Services London
You could make several trips back and forth to the tip taking your rubbish, but you might want to consider booking a clearance vehicle to come to your property and collect it all for you. They will turn up at a time agreed with you, do all of the heavy lifting, take all of your garden rubbish away with them and then ensure it all gets disposed of properly.
If you do have a lot of waste then this is definitely a great option for you. No more hours sitting in traffic, lugging bags to the tip and getting your car grubby. It’s more affordable than you may think and will save you gallons of time, hassle and allow you to get on with relaxing with your family or spending more time enjoying that garden you’ve worked so hard clearing!
If you want to find out more about garden clearance in London then please click here
If you want some more maintenance tips for looking after your garden then click here